Thursday 8 May 2014

Follow Up on John Frieda.

If you haven't read my last post I'd suggest doing that before this one. Just as a quick intro, I was using John Frieda Go Blonder Controlled Lightening spray to lighten up my roots. I was fairly pleased with the product to begin with. In the last few days I have a bit of a follow up to do.
          When they say not to use it on brown hair... they mean it. It's not that it did anything terrible to my hair, my roots are just more of an orange-y color now while my highlights are ash tone. Overall I'm not a super big fan of orange hair on myself so I'm not too pleased with that. Since I noticed a fairly good rust color beginning in my hair I haven't used it again. Because I am not sure whether it will make it even more red, or if it'll actually blonde out for me. I'm afraid to try because I'm broke and may not have money to fix my mistakes.
          As far as damage goes, I have been noticing a fair amount of damage. But my hair wasn't super healthy lately before I started using this. So I can't confirm that this product is completely to blame. I do know that sometimes my hair feels a little straw like right after I spray it in but it seems to soften out as I blow dry. I wouldn't say that this product did any intense damage to my hair, but it probably at least dried it out a bit.
          I'm sorry that this has to be so vague but overall I wouldn't suggest using this, even on light brown hair. Unless your hair is very dirty blonde or blonde, it's not worth it. It just makes it a rusty orange color. However the orange color does kind of make my roots look better because it's at least not a brown color. If you're super worried about damage also don't use the product. To my hair it didn't cause obscene amounts but it will probably cause a bit as it contains hydrogen peroxide. So if you're blonde and okay with a bit of damage, go for it. If you're brunette or very concerned about damage, you can do without it.
       If you want other alternatives I do have a post about highlighting your hair or how to bleach and dye it causing the least amount of damage. You can find them all on this blog. Good luck everyone!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment