Thursday 4 September 2014

August Favorites!

Although August has already come and gone, I'd like to clue you all in on some of my favorite products and techniques I used throughout August and really, all summer. In summer, hair tends to be less dry however if you have a pool, chlorine will definitely have a negative effect on your hair. So here are some favorites:


1. Au Naturel 
While this is not exactly a product, it was my theme for most of the summer. Why? Because hair needs a break and what better time to give it a break than when you spend a lot of your days working or doing nothing at all? I avoided heat almost all summer including, no blow drying, no straightening etc. Another way to keep in natural would be by only showering every other day to avoid drying it out completely. Whilst dry hair is worse in winter, if you're not careful it can creep in during summer as well. If you can figure out a way to make your hair look reasonable without actually doing anything with harmful product or heat, go for it! This could be showering before bed or having to wait until morning. Maybe french braiding it before bed could give you cute waves as well!


2. Dove Nutritive Solutions: Leave-In Smoothing Cream
Boy was this ever useful this summer! I did purchase some leave-in conditioners but they do virtually nothing compared to this great product! I bought it near the beginning of summer and still have some left, I used it quite frequently. I was a bad girl this summer and highlighted my hair, but this product really helped my hair out during this time. Basically any time I went into my highly chlorinated pool I put in about a quarter-sized amount of this miracle worker in my hair after. If I would forget my hair would be very puffy and dried out looking. But as soon as I rubbed this stuff throughout my roots it would automatically add oils to my hair, making them look silky and healthy once again. Not only that, but in the morning when my hair was crazy I'd just distribute the product throughout my hair and it would help it nicely curl. Almost like a curl enhancer would do.


3. L'Oreal Kids: Tangle Tamer
This is a very important thing, and I'm sure I've said it more than once on this blog but it continues to be an important part of my hair care routine. My hair gets very, very tangley throughout my day. I'm not sure if it's just my type of hair or the fact that it's getting really long but without detangler I would probably be bald. As you may have noticed, I use the kids detangler. This is simply because it smells glorious and I find it does the best job of detangling my hair. I spray it in my wet hair if I need to brush through wet hair. Because wet hair is very weak and needs a little extra help if I'm gonna be trying to tear it out with a brush while it's in this fragile state. Anyway, I feel like this product has been a huge contributor to the health of my hair and I would highly recommend it. Especially to anybody that has problems combing through their super tangled hair!


4. Infusium 23: Moisture Replenisher Leave-In Treatment
Earlier in this post I mentioned not being super impressed with any of the leave-in conditioner I got, remember? Yeah, well I still stand to the fact that my oils are far more effective but this product was really nice to have around in the summer. For one if you're in a rush and don't want oily hands and just want to give your hair a quick spritz before you leave the house, this is great for the job. It just adds that extra bit of shine to get your hair through the day. Also I found it great for a pre-swim. You always want to go in a pool with already wet hair so your hair doesn't soak up so much chlorine. But sometimes showering seems like a lot of work just to jump in a pool. That's how I feel anyway. So I would simply spray in this lovely product. It's very easy to just quickly dampen your hair with so that your hair won't take in all the chlorine. With this pre-swim product along with the oil earlier mentioned that I used after my swim, my hair was well looked after throughout the summer.

So those were some of my favorite products, not only for August but all summer. Although there were few, they were all really effective in making my hair as healthy as it could be. I hope these help you out, as you too try to keep your hair moisturized and beautiful throughout the year. Questions? Comments? Ideas for future posts? Please feel free to email me at the email listed below!

-Ashley
damagebegone@hotmail.com
a7b967b6f7bd3bd0549a38bf6eaf047fbec49e910467919118

No comments:

Post a Comment