Thursday 23 August 2012

Tip 9: The Malibu Treatment

Some of you may have heard of this- others may not have. But what a Malibu treatment is, is a special treatment done on your hair, which takes approximately an hour to strip your hair of damaging chemical build up. These chemicals include iron, chlorine and more. My water was hard for a long time when my water softener wasn't working and the iron in the water turned my blonde highlights ORANGE! It was a disaster so I got a Malibu to strip my hair of the unwanted chemicals turning my orange streaks back to blonde. If you go swimming lots or anything your hair will begin building up with harmful chemicals, so it's good to get this done every once and a while to keep your hair clean and get rid of unwanted rust.
You can get supplies to do something like a Malibu Treatment at home but it's generally done best at a salon. What's done is they put a gel like substance into your hair and leave it in while you sit under a hair dryer for about 50 minutes maybe more depending on how much your hair needs it and the thickness and length of your hair.
Stylists recommend getting a Malibu every 9 weeks approximately especially on colour treated hair.
So if you feel your hair is needing a bit of a pick-me-up, try it out, it's really good for your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment